At the conclusion of June, recognized annually as Pride Month, more than 500 faculty, staff, and students across Lafayette College participated in the Safe Zone Program during the 2021-2022 academic year. A further eight trainings are scheduled over the summer break before the start of the fall 2022 semester, which will reach a further 250 individuals.
GSP extends a warm thank you and congratulations to the following groups for their participation during the spring:
– Pi Beta Phi Sorority: All members
– Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority: All new members
– Lafayette College Emergency Medical Services: All members
Faculty and staff groups
– Learning and Research Technologies (ITS): All staff
– Lafayette College Libraries: All staff
– Department of Chemistry: All faculty and staff
– Public Safety: All staff
– Counseling Center: All staff
Additionally an open Safe Zone for individual faculty and staff throughout June was joined by participants from multiple offices and departments including the Registrar, Residence Life, Campus Life, Admissions, Athletics, Financial Aid, Mechanical Engineering, English, and others.
Safe Zone trainings are opportunities to learn about LGBTQIA+ identities, gender and sexuality, allyship, and examine prejudice, assumptions, and privilege. Anyone interested in participating in the Safe Zone Program in the future can complete the online form or email Thomas Lee.