A campus safety-systems exercise will take place Thurs., June 22 at 10 a.m. and should last about 30 minutes. Elements of this safety exercise will include the following:
• Entrances to campus buildings will be locked briefly. Anyone still may exit any building at any time.
• Anyone with a Lafayette email address will receive an email notification when the exercise has begun and concluded.
• The outdoor siren/PA system will sound.
• Entrances to campus buildings will be locked by central electronic control, Facilities Operations staff, and, in some cases, building occupants.
• All desktop computers, including Smart Classroom, will receive and display (if on) the exercise notifications.
As soon as the exercise concludes, Public Safety will give notice of that fact via text/email alert.
In the event of an actual emergency requiring campus buildings to be locked down and members of the campus community to shelter in place—such as an active threat on or near the campus—instructions on the actions to take would be communicated via text/email alert and siren/PA system, including the area(s) of campus to avoid. Please make sure your contact information is up-to-date in Banner.
Learn about taking action in an emergency.